Ok so this is my 4th or so post for today! I feel like Paul "See what large letters I make when I am writing with my own hand!" But this is a goodie!



Speaking of Pauls. . . many of you will know that Paul Windsor is the principal of Carey Baptist College in Auckland. Most of you also would have heard me brag about him quite a bit because as well as being an excellent principal, Paul is a great guy and an amazing Christian. He has had a HUGE impact on me as a person, a pastor and a Christian. Well, Paul's leapt into the world of tomorrow by starting a weblog. You can check it out here. Me thinks you would be wise to add this one to your favourites!

2 comments

  1. Anonymous  

    Ahhh so many posts all on the same day! My checking out Paul's Blog confirms for me the postive plug you gave it. His first posting was thought-provoking - incidentally there's a question for you there too.

  2. Andrew  

    Gidday Ian, I thought I'd reply here rather than Paul's blog. Yes, I meant what importance did immigrants to NZ place on their faith? I think Paul might be being a bit general in saying that people came to NZ to be free from religion. At the same time I agree with his contrast between the US and NZ and he would know the contrast well having lived in it. I like James Belich's phrase that NZ immigrants came here to make a "Better Britain". For many that meant freedom from religion but for some that meant trying to transplant a better Christinaity or a more faithful Christianity. It depended on what they thought a "Better Britain" was; a non-Christian Britain or a more Christian Britain.

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)