ANOTHER QUIZ  

Add comments Posted by Andrew

I can't seem to avoid Barth. If you liked the last quiz then go and have a crack at this one. Unfortunately, some of the language is a bit archaic and gender exclusive!

You scored as Karl Barth. The daddy of 20th Century theology. You perceive liberal theology to be a disaster and so you insist that the revelation of Christ, not human experience, should be the starting point for all theology.

Karl Barth

87%

John Calvin

80%

Anselm

73%

Martin Luther

67%

J?Moltmann

53%

Paul Tillich

40%

Friedrich Schleiermacher

27%

Jonathan Edwards

20%

Charles Finney

20%

Augustine

20%

Which theologian are you?
created with QuizFarm.com

4 comments

  1. Anonymous  

    Hi, I responded to your eariler quiz. I want to read Barth, but I didn't know where to start. Any suggestions for a beginner?

  2. Andrew  
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  3. Andrew  

    Hi Catherine, thanks for dropping by. Please don't mistake me for a Barth expert! I like the little of Barth I have read and especially his focus on theological method beginning with God's revelation to us in Christ. A very helpful book to begin with is 'Karl Barth: Theologian of Freedom' Edited by Clifford Green. It has important sections of Barth's many tomes. I think a great essay of his to start with is 'The Humanity of God' or his 'Jesus Christ: God for Us' in Church Dogmatics IV/2 (also in Green's edited book). I love his image of Jesus Christ our oxymoronic God: The judge who was judged; the creator who was created... Check it out and let me know what you think.

  4. Anonymous  

    Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
    »

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)