The Hi-5  

Add comments Posted by ~Josie~

Okay, so some of you may thing I'm completely insain for even having this thought in my head, but Its been bothering me for months and I need answers!!!

Who invented the High - 5 (Not the cheezy Australian little kids group, but the act of slapping hands together,) And where did it come from??!!
For the past couple of months, whenever someone gives another person a high5, I have just been thinking "Why on earth do we slap our hands together as a 'Congratulations' or 'Well done'?"
Like, pretend you were an outsider to this world, imagine how weird it would seem when you saw A Dad give his kid a high-5 because she got a 10/10 in her spelling test.....

Am i actually going insain or do other people understand what I'm saying??!! Dont leave me hanging here guys, help me out!! =)

4 comments

  1. Andrew  

    Josie, what a great question! I've never thought of that... Can we run a competition for the most creative answer to your question...

  2. ~Josie~  

    Haha - yay I'm glad someone gets where I'm coming from, finally!!
    Sure we can run a competition....sounnds fun! I just need some answers!!
    How do you wanna do this thaing?! =)

  3. Anonymous  

    Ha! I dont know the origin of the 'high-5', but i can tell a random story that kinda relates to it all in a round about way. When i was learning about "pi" (you know the maths symbol thing) my maths teacher told us that a good way to remember that it was 3, was to give our partner a 'high-pi' whilst holding up 3 fingers! Ok, so that was kinda lame and i guess you had to be there! Anyways, i have no idea where the origin came from. Maybe we could ask the Aussie band "high-5". Maybe they would know...??
    -Tess

  4. Andrew  

    Tess, that is leading our competition so far and you've convinced me. The high five finds it's roots in the high pi. You heard it here first people!

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)