An Update  

Add comments Posted by Andrew

I'm back from Auckland and back into things at Napier. The book of the trip was a bit of surprise because I didn't go there planning on reading it. I picked it up off the shelf and browsed through it briefly and I was hooked. The book of the trip was From Midterms to Ministry: Practical Theologians on Pastoral Beginnings and I'd recommend that anyone who has or is or is going to make the transition from Bible College/Seminary to local church ministry read it. It was one of the highlights (especially the article by Thomas G Long) of my reading spree.

I also notice that Real Live Preacher has posted his second video on his series on hell here.

I know that with elections looming many pastors get cornered about who people should vote for, or even worse, you get cornered asking about who you're voting for (with the less than subtle subtext that it should be the same party as the person who's asking you!)? Another useful website to have a careful snoop around is the New Zealand Council of Christian Social Services. It represents 6 denominational Social Services networks, one of which is NZ Baptist Action. They work on the front line of social service and their vision is to work for a just and compassionate society in Aotearoa New Zeland. They provide some excellent information and articles on some of the pressing social issues that I think one should consider before deciding who to vote for.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)