STUDYING  

Add comments Posted by Andrew

I have been away over the last week in Auckland for a Ministry Development Course. I'm still up here until Saturday doing some study in preparation for the worship seminar. At MDC we spent time talking about ministry and especially about where our focus is at in our ministries (John 15 - are we focussed on abiding in Christ or solely getting fruit?). In this light we were given this outstanding quote "are we so busy reaching the 'churched' that we're unchurching the churched?" Well worth pondering when it comes to the depth of the gospel in our churches.

2 comments

  1. Anonymous  

    Yes I noted that quote elsewhere Andrew. Can you explain what "unchurching the churched" actually means? In my mind often the 'churched' need 'unchurching'! If being unchurched means attempting to be Jesus where we are at in the community, rather than mere platitudes, noisy gongs and clanging symbols at a meeting on a Sunday morning, then I'm all for being unchurched. (or should that be dechurched?) Bring it on! However I'm not sure that I've got the gist of the quote quite right. No pressure...enjoy the break! :-))

  2. Anonymous  

    Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
    »

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)