Geekdom  

Add comments Posted by Andrew

I've been holed up in a little study corral at Carey Baptist College for the last week. There's books and journal articles everywhere. Now, I could pretend that this is all really oppressive and woe is me but the reality is I LOVE IT! I am a geek and I love reading books and doing study. I am in my element in this pokey study corral. I am a geek and I don't care. I love books and study.

I have books on my desk:
I have another book bag I carry with me with more books in it:
And then there's the stash of books I have in the back of my car that won't fit in my book bag:
I am a geek and I love books!

By the way, if you happen to see Mrs Picard and little Miss 6 year old Picard be extra nice to them. Mr Picard's off fueling his geekiness in the library while they're at home with bad colds. Get better soon female Picards, and then I'll come home....

3 comments

  1. Anonymous  

    I hope this isn't the third time I have posted this comment - my computer is a bit grouchy this morning. Andrew, don't apologise for being a Word Nerd. Books are fabulous - they were designed to be sniffed, hugged, loved, then read. I tried electronic books, but they can't compare to the smell of a newly opened page, and you can't use them as a pillow or underline the best bits, or tear out the title page (a very sacrilegious act)to wipe your bum with if caught short. When first in Med School I used to hug my text books to my chest so excited that the knowledge in them was soon to be absorbed by me - and used for the rest of my career. (shame the half life of technical knowledge is so short - those texts have been superseded many times). Celebrate your Word Nerd status, and never stop learning.

  2. ~Josie~  

    Haha - PAndy you crack me up! At least your mum thinks your cool...just joking
    ...book nerds 4 life - we could start a club! Ahaha!

  3. Andrew  

    Computer nerds > Book nerds

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)