I was away on Sunday for NZ Baptist Assembly. In terms of my enjoyment, it was a bit of a mixed bag. The highlight for me was hearing from our great friends Paul and Barby Windsor as they reflected on their years serving NZ Baptists (Paul is finishing as Principal of Carey Baptist College early next year). It was very moving to hear from people you love and admire and to hear the tributes of some of those that they have impacted over their many years serving NZ Baptists. It struck me on the weekend how much I am going to miss them firstly when Paul finishes at Carey and then especially when they (likely) move overseas in a few years for Paul's new role at Langham Partnership.

If you want to listen to any of the speaking sessions from Baptist Assembly (I'd hugely recommend listening to Paul and Barby's reflection), then go here.

3 comments

  1. Anonymous  

    Andrew also gave a brilliant tribute to Paul and Barby at their farewell, and an excellent reflection on George Wieland's sermon. I don't want to tell the good people of Napier Baptist what to think, as that would be manipulative mind control and completely inappropriate... but you should be very proud of Andrew.

    Jody

  2. Lauren  

    We love him, Jody. He's very special :)

  3. Andrew  

    Awww, thanks you two. Don't forget your own "raving feminist, liberal, vegan" reflection Jody! That reflection on unity by knowing each other will definately stick with me!

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)