My wife is due in the next 2-3 weeks to give birth to our 2nd baby - it's very exciting. If I had one wish it would be that she would hurry up. The reason why is that the passage below is where we are up to in our sermon series on Exodus and frankly I'd rather be on paternity leave and give this one to someone else!

On the way, at the place of where they spent the night, the LORD met him and tried to kill him. But Zipporah took a flint and cut off her son's foreskin, and touched his feet with it, and said, "Truly you are a bridegroom of blood to me!" So he let him alone. It was then she said, "A bridegroom of blood by circumcision."

I thought I had carefully crafted this sermon series so that I would be off on paternity leave when this passage raised its ugly head. Come on Margaret, hurry up!! If ever there was a verse that I wished scribes through the centuries had edited out it would be this one!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)