I've finished 3 years here at NBC. I now understand the rhythms of ministry much better and it makes planning much easier. As part of my planning for the year, I've compiled a list of non-sermonic books that I plan to have read by the end of the year.

The ones I haven't read before are at the bottom and end with Richard Bauckham's Bible and Mission. The others (predominantly books on preaching) I've read before but want to go over again. Throughout the year I'll post some quotes and reflections on the books I'm reading. I have a few more to add to the list (one is at home and others are coming from Amazon.com). I've pecked around Barth on specific topics or sections but I've never sat down and read one of his volumes of Church Dogmatics (the fat ones at the bottom). I'm going to give it a go this year (wish me luck)...



2 comments

  1. Dave  

    Richard Bauckham video on the Gospels and Eyewitness Testimony http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1426748967/bclid1407533218/bctid1427347560

  2. Andrew  

    Hi David, thanks for the link.

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)