Ok, so some people have asked me what my essay is all about. I'll try to tell you without it sounding like a cure for insomniacs. Basically it's about how the church can be faithful in mission today from a Baptist point of view.

I thought I'd post some interesting quotes from what I'm reading. I'm aware that what's interesting to me could well be the cure for the above stated condition, so I will tread with care!

This is the benediction I was trying to remember on Sunday but basically forgot it and made something up... We had a family forum on how we are called to make the kingdom of God visible and how we cold be more outward focussed as a church. The benediction I wanted my tired little brain to remember was this one from Keith Jones (a Baptist theological lecturer):

"In my view, the very best worship services do not end with a blessing "Sit down you faithful community, enjoy your rest". Rather, with a word of dismissal - 'The feast has ended, the world is waiting. Go in peace to love and serve the world.'" - I really like that...

0 comments

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)