I'm a sucker for punishment at times. This weekend we have our baptismal service at church (see post below). However, on Friday (tomorrow) I'm off to Rotorua to catch up with some of the people I trained for ministry with. We try to catch up as a group once a year as a sort of retreat, reflection and refreshment time. We've been in ministry for about 3 years now and it's good to catch up with others who're facing similar stuff as you. We've got George Wieland coming to join us and lead us over the weekend. George was our NT lecturer while we were at college. He's a great guy and a fantastic Christian and communicator. I'm looking forward to it.

So, I go to Rotorua Friday night and race home Saturday night for the baptisms on Sunday. Then, after the service and lunch I head off back to Rotorua to finish the weekend with my friends and come back to Napier on Monday. Any prayer would be appreciated...

I've connected a video of George lecturing at Carey College on Romans to give you a glimpse of what's in store for us




Here's a clip of some of the weirdos I'm spending the weekend with - (as I said, prayer would be appreciated!

4 comments

  1. Anonymous  

    Hey Andrew. Say g'day to that weirdo James for me.

    By the way, I have incredible difficulty getting to blogger comments from my computer for some reason, so you've suffered by missing out on my contributions to your posts. So sad. Is there an email address I can somehow get you on?

    (BTW, I'm honoured to be included in your links!)

    Alistair.

  2. Andrew  

    Hi Alistair, will definately say gidday to James for you. Don't know what the deal is for the comments. If you want to e-mail me: andrew.nbc@xtra.co.nz Hope you and your family are well.

  3. Anonymous  

    Thanks Andrew. Got your address. Might be good to take your email address out of the comments. Otherwise you will soon be inundated with spam!

    Alistair

  4. Ian  

    Hey Andrew
    Go well 'ol son. Enjoy Saturday with your weirdo friends. You will no doubt have many stories to share. We are all looking forward to Sunday too. Travel safely. Shalom.

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)